Where to start on this journey of creativity? Read on to find out…
First question to answer is your level of experience.
- The machine you choose at this level needs to be uncomplicated and have a basic range of stitches
- Buy a top loading machine as there is less chance of getting thread snarled
- Get one with a foot pedal to help regulate speed, sew at your own pace
- Choose one with a wider selection of stitches and include a machine with advanced stitches such as a buttonhole
- Get extra power so you can increase your range of needle weights
- This machine will have advanced functions such as a touch pad and a large range of stitches
- Greater level of control and functions like automatic tension
There are many more questions that can be answered, such as what will you use the machine for but this should give you a start.